Thursday, August 27, 2009

End of session 2

Today marks the day that I am completely finished with my second session at school. I have got to be honest, I am relieved. Don't get me wrong, I love school but this was the most expensive session that I will ever encounter. This freedom feels like a "freeway" daisy on a warm summers day.

I learned so much. This session we had this one assignment that I was stoked about. It is called Big and Beautiful. We could shoot whatever we want as long as it was with a 4x5 format camera and printed out to 11 1/2 x 14 prints. We had to turn in two of them. I could not think of anything I wanted to do for weeks. I knew I wanted to shoot Madison but I didn't know how. So finally I had an idea. Now this photo of her is not the actual photo but it is the same concept.
I wanted her to look like she was just hatched in a nest. I was going for a natural feeling, so mom knitted this sack to put her in in about 20 minutes (I am exaggerating of course). I love the large knits in this photo. Thanks Mom. I think they turned out pretty good. The prints I did were way better than this standard digital version but you get the idea.
The second was of Emili. I kind of poked around with some ideas with her. I knew I wanted Em because she photographs really well and well, she's just fun. I had fun with these photos. The first one I didn't turn in. It was my favorite but for a certain reason it didn't turn out. Oh well. I wanted a casual bride because Emili is very casual. I love the idea of a runaway bride.
This photo was actually very similar to the one I turned in. I loved the contrasting colors. I have always wanted to shoot a red chair. I thought what a better time than to shoot it for the biggest assignment I had to do this session.
Today, the last day of school, everyone turned in their photos and we had a mini gallery. It was fun. We all got to vote on which ones were are favorite. We all turned in prizes to put in a pile for the winner of the contest. There were about 28 photos and mine made top five! Well Madison's photo made top five! Isn't that exciting. I didn't win but I am still glad I made it somewhat close. Whohooo!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. As always youv'e done great work and packed a lot of good knowledge in that noggin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First I can't believe Madison is 8 weeks old and Emili fits back into her wedding dress. Ridiculous!! Second I love the photos they all turned out great. Bummed we could not come to the art show. I want to see the large prints.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete